Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Aurora? Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of Colorado drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save $860 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. With so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Volvo XC60 in Aurora, it is very difficult to choose the best insurance provider.
You should make it a habit to compare prices as often as possible because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price on Volvo XC60 insurance in Aurora at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Don't believe everything you read about XC60 insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your insurance bill.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Aurora is easy if you know what you're doing. If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Shoppers just have to learn the best way to compare different rates online.
Cheapest companies for Volvo XC60 insurance in Colorado
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$208||$380||$280||$16||$84||$968||$81|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$266||$464||$286||$16||$86||$1,118||$93|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$300||$620||$362||$22||$108||$1,412||$118|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$294||$528||$338||$20||$102||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volvo XC60 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Volvo XC60 insurance prices for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Volvo XC60 insurance rates in Aurora
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you're not getting every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- College Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used XC60 can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to view insurers who offer cheap Volvo XC60 insurance quotes in Aurora in Colorado, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Who are their largest clients?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. Aurora agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agents in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
One last thing about your coverage
When getting Aurora car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in Aurora is available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Aurora car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)