Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Volvo S80 insurance in Colorado Springs? Having to pay for expensive auto insurance in Colorado Springs can drain your savings account and maybe even restrict other spending.
Statistics show that most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Colorado Springs can save almost $610 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. Since consumers have many companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Volvo S80 in Colorado Springs, it is very difficult to pick a lower cost company.
Comparing rates for more affordable car insurance policy in Colorado Springs is not as confusing as people think. If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop for car insurance instantly.
Affordable Volvo insurance rates in Colorado Springs
The companies shown below provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$272||$576||$426||$26||$128||$1,428||$119|
|S80 Executive AWD||$182||$432||$396||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|S80 V8 AWD||$478||$838||$460||$28||$138||$1,942||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can change premiums noticeably.
Volvo S80 annual premiums for males versus females
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Volvo S80 car insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo S80 insurance in Colorado Springs?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from Colorado Springs attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Online Discount - Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
To see a list of providers with significant discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent's help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Colorado consumers can't escape the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies tend to make the same promise that people will save if you switch your insurance policy to them.
How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of insured they prefer to insure. For instance, this type of driver may be over the age of 35, has no tickets, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody who meets those qualifications will get low rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential customers who do not match those standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can state the savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it is so important to do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Don't give up on affordable rates
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
You just learned some good ideas how to find lower-cost Volvo S80 insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)