Finding the cheapest insurance for a Volkswagen Eos in Colorado can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Volkswagen and get the cheapest rates.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Denver on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
Locating the best rates in Denver can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a current car insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Consumers just need to know the proper methods to compare insurance rates online.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Denver
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Renewal Discounts - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current Eos insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for driver training, payment discounts, home ownership, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Denver. To view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Finding a better price on car insurance is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$162||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,050||$88|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$608||$456||$28||$136||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage prices considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Eos liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Eos settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can drive up Volkswagen Eos auto insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would rather have an agent's advice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Denver who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Denver should be willing to answer these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - James Lundin
1490 N Lafayette St #302b - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 433-4542 - View Map
- Don Middleton - State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Wazee St #1538 - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 595-5500 - View Map
- Caramel Russell-Rouse - State Farm Insurance Agent
999 S Monaco Pkwy #200 - Denver, CO 80224 - (303) 424-0420 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that are able to give price quote information.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
More effort can pay off
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your Volkswagen Eos insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Denver is possible both online and with local Denver insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Denver car insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is available on the following sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)