How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Volkswagen Beetle insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Low-cost auto insurance in Denver, CO
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$240||$502||$308||$18||$92||$1,160||$97|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$190||$340||$232||$14||$70||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Denver location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
Volkswagen Beetle full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Beetle settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buy More Affordable Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages - Policies have extra coverages you can purchase on your Beetle policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Discounts for alarm systems - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft.
- Premiums go up with performance - The type of car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Due to the fact that the Volkswagen Beetle is considered a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Denver. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Annual mileage impacts rates - The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Beetle can result in significantly higher rates.
- Your gender affects prices - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. They both are in fender benders in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- High comp and collision deductibles cost less - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, or theft. Your deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Safer vehicles save money - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Volkswagen Beetle claim data - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Beetle Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Denver
Car insurance companies don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Beetle insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Colorado, click here to view.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Denver that can give you free Denver auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Exclusive and independent Denver car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 433-2094 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 722-0191 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 333-0205 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 824-6600 - View Map
- Bonnie Brae Insurance
179 S Colorado Blvd - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-9300 - View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for insurance, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Lower-priced insurance in Denver is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)