Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced Toyota Sienna insurance in Aurora? Don't sweat it because there are lots of Aurora residents who feel the same.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in Colorado can save roughly 35% each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing for Toyota Sienna insurance in Aurora.
It's a good idea to check insurance prices as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Toyota Sienna insurance in Aurora six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sienna LE AWD||$236||$464||$338||$20||$100||$1,158||$97|
|Sienna XLE AWD||$234||$556||$396||$24||$118||$1,328||$111|
|Sienna Limited AWD||$194||$370||$338||$20||$100||$1,022||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Toyota Sienna auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Sienna car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive formula to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Sienna settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Toyota Sienna yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Sienna in Aurora, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Sienna are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Colorado consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the lowest rates from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the point that drivers can save some big amount after switching your coverage.
How does every company charge you a lower premium? It's all in the wording.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of customer that earns them the most money. A good example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 35, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A driver who meets those qualifications will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who are not a match for the requirements will see higher premium rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That's the way insurance companies can make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
Because of the profiling, it's extremely important to compare many company's premium rates. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, claim free, online shopper, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, good student, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid in full, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, mature driver, teen driver, air bags, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, air bags, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of companies that offer discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Aurora insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Aurora that can give you free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Aurora can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who may be able to give you price quotes.
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance - Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 696-2666 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you've probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy at any time so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Toyota Sienna?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is my Toyota Sienna covered for flood damage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Toyota Sienna insurance is possible on the web and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)