How long has it been since you shopped around for more competitive insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Toyota Sequoia insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for your Toyota and find the best price possible from both online companies and Aurora agents.
You should take the time to do price comparisons as often as possible since rates change regularly. Even if you got the best premium rates on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Aurora at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
This information will introduce you to how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you are already insured, you should be able to find the best rates using these tips. Comparison shoppers just need to understand how to shop for auto insurance on the web.
Cutting your Aurora car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies can provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$250||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,096||$91|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$210||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,270||$106|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$192||$312||$362||$22||$108||$996||$83|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$164||$288||$338||$20||$100||$910||$76|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$270||$490||$358||$22||$108||$1,248||$104|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$326||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Toyota Sequoia insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance is not optional in Colorado
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Sequoia, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Toyota Sequoia but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Sequoia definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Check for these discounts on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Aurora
Companies offering auto insurance don't list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Aurora drivers who agree to allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
To see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Colorado, click here.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a good Aurora insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora who may provide competitive price quotes.
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Aurora who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 360-9831 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 751-4701 - View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
Choosing a insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Smart shoppers get results
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be pretty painless.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)