Want to save money and find cheaper Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver? Getting cheaper Denver Toyota Prius V insurance quotes on the internet can appear to be challenging for drivers not familiar with comparing prices on the internet. With so many agents and companies, how can Denver drivers possibly compare every insurance company to find the cheapest rates?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of Colorado insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. U.S. drivers could save up to $850 each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched.
You should take the time to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rates on Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver at your last renewal a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Denver is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are insured now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you're about to read. Although Colorado consumers must learn how insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
What Determines Toyota Prius V Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Toyota Prius V has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Experienced drivers pay less - Youthful drivers in Colorado have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a young driver onto your insurance can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Theft deterrents systems cut premiums - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Costs and your address - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum - Companies in Colorado generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Responsible drivers have lower rates - Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have careless citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Toyota Prius V insurance loss probability - Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The table below shows the loss history for Toyota Prius V vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Prius V Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major auto insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Upon sending the form, the company's rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors.
Quoting online for Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the lowest payment.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
State Farm and Allstate endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim about how much you will save if you switch your policy. Is it even possible that every company can make the same claim? It's all in the wording.
Different companies have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer could be a female over age 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Anyone that hits that "sweet spot" may get the lowest car insurance rates in Denver and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not fit this stringent profile must pay higher premium rates and the customer not purchasing. The ads state "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's why insurance companies can claim big savings. This really drives home the point why you really need to compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Prius V in Denver, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Prius V, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Prius V greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance policy discounts for Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver
Car insurance companies don't list the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for good student, air bags, good driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, anti-theft, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, good student, new car, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Double check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To view providers who offer free Toyota Prius V insurance quotes in Colorado, click here.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Denver auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Denver that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Denver.
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 388-7216 - View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
44 Cook St #100 - Denver, CO 80206 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my Toyota Prius V covered if I use it for business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
We've covered many tips how you can lower your Toyota Prius V insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Toyota Prius V insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Denver auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)