Do you want to save money by buying more competitive Toyota Highlander insurance in Colorado Springs? Finding cheaper insurance for your Toyota Highlander in Colorado can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we'll show you the proper way to quote coverages for your Toyota and find the lowest price.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices before your next renewal since prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on Toyota Highlander insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Colorado Springs is much easier if you know where to start. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Consumers just have to understand the quickest way to compare insurance rates over the internet.
Toyota Highlander insurance quotes comparison
Finding a better price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take time comparing free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$240||$416||$456||$28||$136||$1,276||$106|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$210||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$294||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,330||$111|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$240||$340||$460||$28||$138||$1,206||$101|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$310||$496||$362||$22||$108||$1,298||$108|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$326||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,494||$125|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$266||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,378||$115|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$296||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location which can revise premiums substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can raise Toyota Highlander insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower-cost Toyota Highlander insurance rates in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for good student, military active duty, emergency military deployment, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, paperless, student away at school, mature driver, air bags, and anti-theft.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, early bird, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, good student, good driver, online quote, and multi-car.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, and accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and good student.
If you want low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Colorado Springs. For a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado Springs, click here.
Insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Colorado Springs, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Highlander, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Toyota. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
When to get professional advice
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Colorado Springs?
If you feel you receive good answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that will properly insure your vehicles. It's important to know that you can always terminate coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you're stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.