Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Subaru Legacy insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages on a Subaru and locate the cheapest rates from Aurora insurance agents and online providers.
The intent of this article is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using this information. Smart shoppers only need to know the tricks to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Best companies for Subaru Legacy insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$292||$454||$280||$16||$84||$1,126||$94|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$266||$388||$286||$16||$86||$1,042||$87|
|Legacy 3.6R Premium||$224||$326||$388||$22||$116||$1,076||$90|
|Legacy 2.5I Limited||$324||$472||$338||$20||$102||$1,256||$105|
|Legacy 2.5GT Premium||$226||$332||$304||$18||$92||$972||$81|
|Legacy 3.6R Limited||$428||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,500||$125|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$418||$662||$404||$24||$120||$1,628||$136|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$324||$528||$338||$20||$102||$1,312||$109|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$178||$282||$280||$16||$84||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Subaru Legacy insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How You Can Control Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Too many insurance claims drive up insurance rates - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Driving citations can be expensive - Getting just one chargable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received multiple violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection - Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Subaru Legacy historical loss data - Insurers use claims history to help determine the price you pay. Models that statistically have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the historical loss data for Subaru Legacy vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Subaru Legacy Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Legacy 4WD 74 64 115 83 80 76 Subaru Legacy with Eyesight 4WD 71 52 122 71
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Legacy insurance in Aurora.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Legacy insurance premium.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Aurora.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Aurora that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 309-6200 - View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 750-6508 - View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-3220 - View Map
- Wayne Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-6262 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Aurora should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in Aurora?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If they are an independent agency in Aurora, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Aurora?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Don't be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the lowest car insurance rates by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads advertise the message that people will save just by switching to them.
Is it even possible that every company can cost less than your current company? It's all in the wording.
Many companies have a certain "appetite" for a prospective insured they prefer to insure. One example of a profitable risk profile should be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone who matches those parameters receives the best car insurance rates in Aurora and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
People who do not fit the "perfect" profile must pay a higher premium which results in the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, it's extremely important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Subaru Legacy insurance in Aurora.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is the ISO rating for a Subaru Legacy?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What if I total my Subaru Legacy and owe more than it's worth?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote more and you will save more
Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Subaru Legacy insurance in Aurora can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote Aurora auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)