Are you kicking yourself for buying overpriced Subaru Forester insurance in Aurora? Don't feel bad because many Aurora consumers are in the same pinch.
Regrettably, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Colorado could save 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Colorado
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$300||$526||$362||$22||$108||$1,318||$110|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$148||$244||$286||$16||$86||$780||$65|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$328||$616||$388||$22||$116||$1,470||$123|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$238||$362||$338||$20||$102||$1,060||$88|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$272||$500||$362||$22||$108||$1,264||$105|
|Forester XT AWD||$296||$546||$286||$16||$86||$1,230||$103|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$334||$620||$362||$22||$108||$1,446||$121|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$234||$416||$404||$24||$120||$1,198||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in Aurora location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can drive up Subaru Forester yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Determine discounts to get cheap Aurora car insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Memberships - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, military active duty, air bags, defensive driver, membership and employees, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, good student, new car, home ownership, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Aurora. To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Aurora, click here.
Aurora Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums - The higher the miles on your Subaru in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Forester can result in significantly higher rates.
- Accidents will cost you - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower premiums - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Bad credit will cost you - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru Forester by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Always keep your policy in place - Going without insurance will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado DMV.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Subaru Forester falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Aurora.
- Loss probability for a Subaru Forester - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Subaru Forester vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru Forester Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD 71 80 108 72 76 68 Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD with Eyesight 74 66 118 77 78 53
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Aurora insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How are they compensated?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered many tips how you can shop for Subaru Forester insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)