Are you trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Scion iQ insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Scion and obtain the best price possible.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save almost $859 a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's important to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Scion iQ insurance in Aurora a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about iQ insurance online, but you can learn some good information on how to slash your insurance rates in Aurora.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Scion iQ insurance in Aurora utilizes the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like driver details, your education level, whether you drive to work or school, and if it has an alarm system. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return quotes instantly.
To check rates for your Scion iQ now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a safe driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multi-car Discount - Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, payment discounts, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and student away at school.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, early bird, air bags, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in every state.
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Aurora, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your iQ has a loan, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Scion for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Scion iQ and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Scion as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Aurora.
By using this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Aurora who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Aurora insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Aurora can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Anne Sandoval
18511 E Hampden Ave #210 - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 699-8883 - View Map
- Mike Gibbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
3140 S Parker Rd #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 699-2800 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 360-9831 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Aurora?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?