If you are new to online car insurance, you can easily be overwhelmed by the vast number of insurance providers selling insurance in Denver.
Sadly, the vast majority of car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Colorado drivers can cut their rates by 35% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Cheap car insurance in Denver, CO
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$294||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,494||$125|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise coverage rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Toyota Venza insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Venza insurance in Denver
Some companies don't always list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, federal employee, defensive driver, seat belt use, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for payment discounts, good student, multi-car, student away at school, home ownership, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, bundle discounts, good student, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, DriveSense, renters, emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, ease of repair, good student, and professional/association.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
What Determines Toyota Venza Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Liability protection - Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Getting married can save you money - Being married actually saves money on insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. People who have dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Don't let your policy lapse - Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
- Teen drivers pay high premiums - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Occupation can influence prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally pay the highest average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Claims statistics for a Toyota Venza - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Toyota Venza Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD 93 102 86 115 110 93 Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD 94 102 97 120 94 87
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Denver.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Denver who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Denver insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Denver can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Denver who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St - Denver, CO 80206 - (720) 209-4598 - View Map
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Denver exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Mike Schmisek
1100 S Shoshone St - Denver, CO 80223 - (303) 922-1001 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 722-0191 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Big names are not always cheapest
Companies like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the promise about how much you will save just by moving your coverage. How does each company have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, this type of driver should be over the age of 45, has no claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile may get the lowest prices in Denver and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who cannot meet those criteria must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to guess which company will give you the biggest savings.
Don't give up on affordable rates
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Toyota Venza insurance in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Cheaper insurance in Denver can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)