Wish you could get out of an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Colorado Springs consumers are in the same pinch.
It's amazing but over 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Colorado could pocket nearly 35% a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices before your policy renews because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs at a lower rate.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Buying affordable car insurance in Colorado Springs can be made easier if you know where to look. But Colorado car owners must understand the way companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Low-cost auto insurance in Colorado Springs, CO
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,106||$92|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,108||$92|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,128||$94|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$194||$370||$338||$20||$100||$1,022||$85|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$332||$368||$22||$110||$994||$83|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$250||$434||$352||$20||$106||$1,162||$97|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$390||$426||$26||$128||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Cost of full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda 3 annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Mazda 3 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on 3 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on 3 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Colorado Springs can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs can get you a small discount when getting a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts are:
If you want low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. To locate insurers with discount car insurance rates in Colorado, follow this link.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will my Mazda 3 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Upon receiving acceptable answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Save $442 a year. For real?
Popular insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the promise that you'll save big if you change your coverage. How does each company give you a better price on Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs? It's all in the wording.
Companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk may be a female over age 40, has no prior claims, and insures a new vehicle. Someone that matches those criteria will get very good Colorado Springs premium rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential customers who do not match the ideal profile will see a more expensive rate which results in the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can make those claims.
This really emphasizes why you really should quote coverage with many companies. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Don't give up on cheap rates
Low-cost Mazda 3 insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)