Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Collins? If you've never shopped for Fort Collins car insurance quotes online, you may be baffled thanks to the huge assortment of online companies that all promise the best rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Collins.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Colorado drivers could cut their rates by up to 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
You should take the time to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Collins two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Discount Fort Collins insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Collins car insurance quote as compared to bad drivers.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
Most companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes on their websites. This process is pretty painless because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want on the page. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Collins makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$214||$298||$304||$18||$92||$926||$77|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$388||$546||$392||$24||$118||$1,468||$122|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$294||$562||$338||$20||$102||$1,316||$110|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$388||$546||$392||$24||$118||$1,468||$122|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$294||$630||$314||$18||$94||$1,350||$113|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$264||$528||$338||$20||$102||$1,252||$104|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$146||$282||$280||$16||$84||$808||$67|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$310||$496||$308||$18||$92||$1,224||$102|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$326||$662||$338||$20||$102||$1,448||$121|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$266||$492||$388||$22||$116||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates significantly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Ford Expedition premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Always keep your insurance in force - Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado DMV.
- Poor driving means higher costs - Even one driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Claims cost money - Car insurance companies in Colorado provide most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Drive less and save - The higher the mileage driven every year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Expedition is just wasting money.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers premiums - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - A driver's credit rating is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Expedition by improving your credit score.
- Where you live is a factor - Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Higher rates for tough vocations - Jobs like doctors, executives and medical professionals generally have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Insurance losses for a Ford Expedition - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Expedition Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD 67 88 82 55 45 70 Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD 70 98 90 54 62 56 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD 74 104 97 52 Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD 88 96 110 63 60 96
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Collins?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
When finding a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Cindy Gerk Agency LLC
4050 S Timberline Rd Unit 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 377-0676 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Wang
1606 S Lemay Ave #107 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0808 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Fort Collins willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Daniel Insurance Agency
2627 Redwing Rd #330 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-5902 - View Map
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
- Ameri Quote Insurance and Financial Services
1015 W Horsetooth Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 221-1141 - View Map
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Expedition, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Expedition greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Ford Expedition insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or high prices. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
As you quote Fort Collins car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)