How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest Acura ZDX insurance in Denver? When trying to find cheaper insurance, are you confused by the dozens of car insurance providers available to you? Vehicle owners have so many choices that it can be hard work to locate the lowest car insurance rates for Acura ZDX insurance in Denver. Denver is a great city to raise a family in, but the high premiums for car insurance can make it hard for many residents to afford coverage.
Unfortunately, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could save themselves about $605 a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
It's a good habit to compare prices before your policy renews because car insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Acura ZDX insurance in Denver a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Acura ZDX insurance in Denver.
All major car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Acura ZDX insurance in Denver is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, their rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Acura ZDX insurance in Denver makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to perform this step in order to get the cheapest price on car insurance.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$226||$382||$358||$22||$108||$1,096||$91|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$200||$432||$368||$22||$110||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Acura ZDX insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Acura ZDX insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no specific rule to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Acura ZDX settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Acura ZDX insurance discounts in Denver
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Denver auto insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, home ownership, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, driver training, and student away at school.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, teen driver, good student, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-policy, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and defensive driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
Double check with each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To see insurance companies who offer cheap Acura ZDX insurance quotes in Denver, click here to view.
Why you need quality insurance for your Acura ZDX
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ZDX insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Acura but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Denver insurance agent
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in Denver.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave - Denver, CO 80231 - (888) 325-8108 - View Map
- Aspen Insurance Agency
2238 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-2991 - View Map
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Mike Schmisek
1100 S Shoshone St - Denver, CO 80223 - (303) 922-1001 - View Map
- Bob Chapman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-3005 - View Map
- State Farm: Charles Insurance Agency
1165 S Broadway #114 - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-7161 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- If they are an independent agency in Denver, which companies do they recommend?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What companies can they write with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, pain and suffering, structural damage, loss of income and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your ZDX resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your ZDX to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Acura ZDX.
Since many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.