There isn't anyone who loves paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance buyers in Colorado have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save themselves up to 47% a year, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes online. Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest cost out there.
Affordable companies for Subaru Legacy insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$182||$282||$314||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$326||$536||$338||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Legacy 3.6R Premium||$300||$424||$362||$22||$108||$1,216||$101|
|Legacy 2.5I Limited||$300||$424||$362||$22||$108||$1,216||$101|
|Legacy 2.5GT Premium||$348||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,316||$110|
|Legacy 3.6R Limited||$406||$630||$304||$18||$92||$1,450||$121|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$342||$496||$308||$18||$92||$1,256||$105|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$364||$528||$304||$18||$92||$1,306||$109|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$324||$528||$314||$18||$94||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Legacy auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Subaru Legacy replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
An analysis of deductible level
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Subaru Legacy yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Buy Subaru Legacy Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings. Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- How many coverages with the same company - Most larger insurance companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Because the Subaru Legacy falls in the sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same compared to average rates in Fort Collins.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford - The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Good credit means lower prices - Having a good credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Legacy by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Higher coverage deductibles lower prices - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Lower premiums by staying claim free - If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Colorado give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- How old are your drivers? - More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- City dwellers may pay more - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Subaru Legacy insurance loss data - Companies use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Subaru Legacy vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Subaru Legacy Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Legacy 4WD 74 64 115 83 80 76 Subaru Legacy with Eyesight 4WD 71 52 122 71
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Subaru Legacy insurance in Fort Collins
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies that may offer policyholders these discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in Fort Collins, click here to view.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Fort Collins who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning why they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions as well as the cheapest Subaru Legacy insurance in Fort Collins quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest rates from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads tend to make the same promise that people will save just by switching your auto insurance policy to them.
How does each company have lower policy pricing? Here is how they do it.
Different companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable insured could be married and over the age of 30, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. Someone that meets those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Fort Collins and most likely will save a lot on Fort Collins Subaru Legacy insurance if they switch.
Consumers who don't qualify for those standards may be forced to pay more expensive rates and business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Subaru Legacy insurance in Fort Collins.
Cover all your bases
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Subaru Legacy insurance in Fort Collins is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)