If you're shopping for cheaper insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You're not alone. You have such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a real difficult job to find the lowest price for Lincoln Navigator insurance in Denver. Everyone knows that Denver is a good city to live in, but the high premiums for auto insurance can make it hard to purchase enough protection.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
It's important to check auto insurance prices periodically because auto insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Denver on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Navigator insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn the best ways to find affordable auto insurance in Denver.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Denver?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Navigator insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better car insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Allstate includes discounts for good payer, 55 and retired, multi-policy, resident student, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, accident-free, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
When quoting insurance, remember that more quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$360||$726||$396||$24||$118||$1,624||$135|
|Navigator L 4WD||$200||$402||$396||$24||$118||$1,140||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can change prices considerably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below shows the difference between Lincoln Navigator premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lincoln Navigator insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Seven factors that affect insurance costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Safer occupants lowers rates - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Employer impacts prices - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like military generals, social workers and accountants have the highest average rates in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and performers get better rates.
Companies want multiple policies - Lots of companies apply discounts for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare Lincoln Navigator rates in Denver to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Women tend to cost less - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. Men and women get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Careless drivers pay higher prices - A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single citation can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. People who have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
Liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when you are responsible for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Lincoln Navigator insurance loss statistics - Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln Navigator vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Lincoln Navigator Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD||109||114||61|
|Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD||93||89||82|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD||129||69|
|Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD||101||116||119|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local Denver insurance agency
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Denver auto insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent in Denver should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Denver who can help you get price quote information for Lincoln Navigator insurance in Denver.
- Alan Deines - State Farm Insurance Agent
2120 S Ash St Unit 150 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 388-4400 - View Map
- Rick Emerson Jr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 781-1133 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
- Moody Insurance Agency
8055 E Tufts Ave #1000 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 824-6600 - View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Lincoln vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Navigator insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Lincoln Navigator and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Lincoln Navigator insurance rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Denver is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)