How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Honda CR-Z insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Honda and find the lowest price from Fort Collins insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Colorado could save up to $605 a year, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information including any included safety features, how many miles driven, your credit rating estimate, and the ages of drivers. The data is instantly sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Determine discounts on Fort Collins auto insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Club Memberships - Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Honda can qualify you for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, driver's education, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, easy pay, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Collins.
Choosing Honda vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Honda and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Fort Collins car insurance agent
Some people prefer to have an agent's advice. Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Fort Collins should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you would like to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Fort Collins are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can write insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
- AAA Colorado - Ft. Collins Store
3636 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1111 - View Map
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
- Napoleon Gibson - State Farm Insurance Agent
103, 4212 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-1200 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Fort Collins willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map