Want to learn how to buy more affordable Ford Flex insurance in Colorado Springs? Finding better insurance prices for a Ford Flex in Colorado could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Ford and get the best price possible.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save themselves nearly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't invest the time required to find cheap auto insurance rates.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Getting quotes for the lowest-priced policy in Colorado Springs is not as time-consuming as you think. Smart buyers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Women tend to cost less - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Men and women have auto accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
Single drivers take more risk - Having a spouse actually saves money on auto insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
The type of car makes a difference - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Because the Ford Flex falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Colorado Springs.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
High credit saves on auto insurance - Credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Ford Flex by repairing your credit.
Insurance loss data for Ford Flex vehicles - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Flex vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Ford Flex Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Flex 4dr 2WD||89||84||107||91||100||87|
|Ford Flex 4dr 4WD||105||84||119||77||79||75|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$146||$238||$330||$20||$98||$832||$69|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|Flex SEL AWD||$182||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,052||$88|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$234||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,294||$108|
|Flex Limited AWD||$378||$662||$474||$28||$142||$1,684||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise rates noticeably.
Ford Flex insurance premiums by gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Flex auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Flex full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Flex car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn't a written rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Flex claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can't get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim about saving some big amount if you get a free Colorado Springs car insurance quote and switch your coverage.
But how can every company give you a better price on Ford Flex insurance in Colorado Springs? It's all in the wording.
Most companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them the highest profit. An example of a desirable risk might have to be over the age of 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone who fits those characteristics may get the lowest premium rates in Colorado Springs and will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who fall short of those criteria may be required to pay a higher premium which translates to the customer not buying. The trick is to say "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It's impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance is not optional in Colorado
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Flex in Colorado Springs, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Earn discounts on Colorado Springs auto insurance
Car insurance companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Telematics Discount - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Good Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including senior citizen, farm vehicle, new car, multi-policy, early signing, anti-theft, and EZ pay plan discount.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, easy pay, accident-free, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies who offer free Ford Flex insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Do the work, save more money
Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheap Ford Flex insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for Ford Flex insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Other learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)