How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Nissan Sentra insurance in Denver? Have you finally had enough of not being able to scrape enough together to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in Colorado.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Colorado could save about $610 a year, but they don't know the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. There is such a variety of insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Denver.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price on Nissan Sentra insurance in Denver a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
This information will teach you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas you're about to read. Consumers only have to learn the quickest method to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Where can I get low cost Denver Nissan Sentra insurance?
All major car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting Nissan Sentra insurance prices online doesn't take much effort because it's just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors. Getting online price quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Denver helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower-cost rates.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$300||$644||$460||$28||$138||$1,570||$131|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$126||$332||$396||$24||$118||$996||$83|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$234||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$160||$442||$456||$28||$136||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes greatly.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Nissan Sentra insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Denver
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Sentra car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it shows financial diligence.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance on a new Sentra can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and new car.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, business and professional, switch companies, good student, and mature driver.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, multi-policy, online shopper, renters, homeowner, and claim free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, multi-policy, location of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
When getting free Denver car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Denver.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Which gender costs less? - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males are in fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Infrequent drivers can save - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Sentra may be costing you. Verify your auto insurance coverage reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Age of drivers impacts prices - Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance costs - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Nissan Sentra is classified as a sedan, insurance will be about the same compared to average rates in Denver.
- Liability protection preserves assets - Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Higher rates for high stress employers - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as judges, architects and miners have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles - Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Loss probability for a Nissan Sentra - Insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Nissan Sentra Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Denver.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you're trying to find local Denver agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Denver are considered either exclusive or independent. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are independent agencies in Denver that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver that can give you price quote information.
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheap insurance prices are available
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Nissan Sentra insurance prices in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Denver car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)