Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more competitive Nissan Quest insurance in Fort Collins? Are you at wits end from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than many other vehicle owners in Colorado.
It's hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado insurance shoppers can save almost $610 each year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies. Since you have so many different company options, it's nearly impossible to locate the cheapest insurer.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Collins is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Smart shoppers just need to know the best way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Nissan Quest insurance in Fort Collins is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as coverage limits, your general credit rating, if you have a valid license, and what you do for a living. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many different companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Nissan Quest now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get better insurance rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Nissan Quest insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in Fort Collins.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan Quest but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Collins?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you should always include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Fort Collins independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.