Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Nissan and obtain the cheapest rates from Aurora insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Our objective is to teach you how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. You only have to learn the tricks to find the lowest price over the internet.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Car insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Paper-free Discount - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Aurora car insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, good student, good driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, driver's education, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, continuous insurance, save driver, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and driver training.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, driver training, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and bundle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, membership and employees, and air bags.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Cutting your Aurora insurance rates is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes to find the company with the cheapest Nissan Pathfinder rate quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$126||$244||$396||$24||$118||$908||$76|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$170||$252||$330||$20||$98||$870||$73|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$200||$278||$362||$22||$108||$970||$81|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$290||$506||$456||$28||$136||$1,416||$118|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$244||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,248||$104|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$306||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase coverage prices considerably.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Nissan Pathfinder insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Nissan Pathfinder replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Aurora
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How You Can Control Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Pathfinder may be wasting your money. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Higher rates for tough jobs - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like farmers, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Nissan Pathfinder scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Obey driving laws and save - Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage - Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger models, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Nissan Pathfinder is a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Aurora.
- Married drivers pay less - Having a significant other can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. It means you're more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- You might want pay the small policy claims yourself - Insurance companies in Colorado provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Pathfinder - Insurers analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Pathfinder Models
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Who is covered when they drive my Nissan Pathfinder?
- Should I rate my Nissan Pathfinder as pleasure use or commute?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Aurora car insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent. Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Aurora?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Aurora for you
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Aurora are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 755-2600 - View Map
- Mark Vissering - State Farm Insurance Agent
1852 S Havana St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 745-0034 - View Map
- Lawrence Neal - State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 340-8849 - View Map
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though Aurora Pathfinder insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pathfinder has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Nissan Pathfinder but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Pathfinder greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
When searching for inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many ways to reduce Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates online in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Discount Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Aurora is definitely available online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)