Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us, you're not alone.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,810, Colorado drivers can save nearly 35% each year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer to get the lowest rate possible on Nissan Murano insurance in Fort Collins.
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get insurance quotes online. The process is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price determined by many factors. Getting online price quotes for Nissan Murano insurance in Fort Collins makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Murano S AWD||$344||$546||$460||$28||$138||$1,516||$126|
|Murano SL 2WD||$260||$516||$456||$28||$136||$1,396||$116|
|Murano SL AWD||$260||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,334||$111|
|Murano LE 2WD||$334||$740||$426||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Murano LE AWD||$240||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Murano liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Murano replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some companies don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection - Fort Collins drivers who agree to allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Fort Collins car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, air bags, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, federal employee, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, multi-car, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, good driver, and professional/association.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, defensive driver, homeowners, teen driver, and early bird.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good payer, early signing, auto/life discount, new car, safe driver, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Why you need Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Fort Collins for you
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Fort Collins can either be exclusive or independent. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the differences because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are Fort Collins independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Upon getting good responses to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. It's important to know that consumers can terminate your policy when you choose so never assume that you're stuck with any particular company with no way to switch.