Are you at wits end from sacrificing to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other vehicle owners in Colorado.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Colorado Springs could save about $610 every year, but they don't invest the time required to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates at least once a year because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Murano insurance online but I'm going to show you the easiest ways to slash your auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Discount Colorado Springs insurance rates
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to view providers who offer free Nissan Murano insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Many insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado Springs is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the form. Once you submit the form, the system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on many factors. Getting online quotes for Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado Springs simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will get rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$260||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,296||$108|
|Murano S AWD||$190||$362||$368||$22||$110||$1,052||$88|
|Murano SL 2WD||$336||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,652||$138|
|Murano SL AWD||$160||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,106||$92|
|Murano LE 2WD||$378||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,814||$151|
|Murano LE AWD||$330||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below examines Nissan Murano yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Murano book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The example below compares Nissan Murano insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
- You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself - Companies in Colorado generally give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- High credit rating translates to low prices - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Murano if you improve your credit rating.
- Decrease car insurance rates by maintaining coverage - Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Do thieves like your car? - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Murano vehicles - Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Murano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Murano Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Murano 4dr 2WD 79 105 Nissan Murano 4dr 4WD 102 66 98 84
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying your policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Nissan Murano to commute?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Why you need insurance for your Nissan vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Murano insurance, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Murano has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Nissan Murano insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When searching for cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles: