Have you had enough of being strong-armed to insure your Nissan every month? You're in the same situation as many other Colorado consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers could pocket approximately $850 a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates.
Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the best price available on Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs.
How to compare Nissan Juke insurance quotes in Colorado Springs
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage information on the page. After you submit the form the quote system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best insurance rates.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though Colorado Springs Juke insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan Juke. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Impacts Nissan Juke Insurance Costs?
Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Five star safety rating saves money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Nissan Juke earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Incidental coverages that aren't used - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don't pay attention. Things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Do you know you're credit rating? - An insured's credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Juke by improving your credit score. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Men tend to take more risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. They both get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Loss statistics for a Nissan Juke - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the loss history for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
Nissan Juke Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Nissan Juke insurance rates in Colorado Springs
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive lower premium rates.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for ease of repair, professional/association, accident-free, age of vehicle, annual mileage, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, homeowner, business and professional, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Colorado Springs auto insurance agent
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
You just read many ways to get a better price on Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest Nissan Juke insurance in Colorado Springs is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)