Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Nissan Frontier insurance in Denver? Are you drained from sacrificing other expenses to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as many other Colorado drivers.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save $850 each year, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Nissan Frontier insurance in Denver.
You need to shop coverage around before your next renewal since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal on Nissan Frontier insurance in Denver six months ago you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Denver can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest car insurance in Denver, CO
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$160||$348||$532||$32||$160||$1,232||$103|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$140||$268||$570||$34||$170||$1,182||$99|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$472||$496||$30||$148||$1,350||$113|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$186||$354||$592||$36||$178||$1,346||$112|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$130||$238||$412||$24||$124||$928||$77|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$236||$382||$338||$20||$100||$1,076||$90|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$340||$440||$26||$132||$1,106||$92|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$212||$458||$422||$24||$126||$1,242||$104|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$240||$416||$456||$28||$136||$1,276||$106|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$284||$368||$460||$28||$138||$1,278||$107|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$262||$454||$330||$20||$98||$1,164||$97|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$210||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn't a steadfast formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Frontier claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Nissan Frontier insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like military generals, business owners and stock brokers have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers like farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- More people means more accidents - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage risk factors in - The liability section of your policy will protect you if you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Does auto insurance cost less for females? - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Both genders cause accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Raise your deductibles for better prices - The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Frontier is throwing money out the window. Make sure your vehicle rating states annual mileage.
- Nissan Frontier claim probability - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the loss history for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're applying every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Denver Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Student - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Frontier insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask each company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Denver.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Denver should have no problem answering these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Car insurance in the media
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise about how much you will save just by switching your policy. How do they all charge you less for auto insurance? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies require specific criteria for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 45, carries full coverage, and has great credit. A propective insured that fits those parameters will get very good Denver rates and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
People who may not quite match these criteria may be forced to pay higher prices which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best auto insurance rates. Because every company is different, you really should compare as many free Denver auto insurance quotes as you can. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a Nissan Frontier?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
We've covered a lot of ways to reduce Nissan Frontier insurance car insurance rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheap Nissan Frontier insurance in Denver can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Denver, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be found at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)