Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of Colorado drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many consumers in the United States could save approximately 47% each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy. Since people have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Mitsubishi Mirage in Denver, it can be hard to find the right auto insurance provider.
You need to compare premium rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Denver a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Denver is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to know the quickest method to quote multiple rates online.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money with these money saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every disount available very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Resident Student - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Denver and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Denver car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Mirage in Denver, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Mirage has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Mitsubishi at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Denver overpays as much as $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Denver insurance agencies?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
When narrowing the list to find local Denver agents, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map