Are you tired of being strong-armed to make your car insurance payment? You are no different than many other Colorado consumers.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers could cut their rates by almost $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the benefits if they switch to a new company. Having so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to pick the most affordable car insurance company.
This article's intent is to introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Vehicle owners just need to use the proper way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Affordable companies for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$294||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,402||$117|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$348||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,540||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Mitsubishi Lancer insurance discounts in Fort Collins
Insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Fort Collins can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and business or organization.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and education and occupation.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, theft prevention, student driver, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and homeowners.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Fort Collins. To find providers who offer free Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes in Fort Collins, click this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Fort Collins.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Fort Collins are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can provide insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins that are able to give price quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How are claims handled?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mitsubishi Lancer?
- What if I total my Mitsubishi Lancer and owe more than it's worth?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mitsubishi Lancer.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people's claims, and doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/15 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, pain and suffering, court costs and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Lancer from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Lancer to bring the cost down.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Lower-priced Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Fort Collins is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)