Do you need a better way to compare more affordable insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Mitsubishi Lancer insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Mitsubishi and find the best price possible.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes every six months because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Aurora on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to find lower rates on insurance.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Aurora can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are already insured, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just need to use the proper methods to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices - A driver's credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Lancer by improving your credit score. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Keep the miles off and save - The more you drive your Mitsubishi in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Lancer may be wasting your money.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot - There are many additional coverages that may not really be needed on your Lancer policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Your spouse saves you money - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Vehicle features impact premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Don't skimp on liability - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage - Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates - Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Mitsubishi. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Mitsubishi Lancer insurance loss statistics - Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendancy to have larger claims.
Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD 153 146 127 192 218 172 Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD 149 131 148 135 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD 225 123 221
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reducing your Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Aurora auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$292||$614||$330||$20||$98||$1,354||$113|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$428||$702||$460||$28||$138||$1,756||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Mitsubishi Lancer settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can increase Mitsubishi Lancer car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save $454 a year. For real?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to try to convey promises about how much you will save after switching your car insurance coverage to their company.
How can each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It's all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable risk profile may be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody who fits that profile will most likely get cheap auto insurance rates and have a good chance to cut their Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who do not match those standards must pay a higher premium with the end result being the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Why you need Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Colorado
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Aurora, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it's most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Mitsubishi Lancer but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Save money with these discounts on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Aurora
Some insurers do not list every disount available very well, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some companies give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Telematics Data - Aurora drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Lancer can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Lancer insurance premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few companies who may offer these benefits include:
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Aurora, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Aurora insurance agencies
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How are claims handled?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If they are an independent agency in Aurora, which companies do they recommend?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Below are Aurora car insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Aurora.
- Paul Macaluso - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 690-6700 - View Map
- Rick Simmons - State Farm Insurance Agent
14571 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 369-4100 - View Map
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-3220 - View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and affordable Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates in Aurora quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premium rates in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Aurora auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Mitsubishi Lancer insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)