If you're looking for lower-cost insurance online, do you get frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You're not alone. Consumers have such a large number of options that it is a lot of work to find the lowest price for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Fort Collins. Everyone knows Fort Collins is the perfect city to reside in, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it impossible to meet other financial obligations.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Fort Collins drivers can save up to $605 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Teen drivers cost more - Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Don't cut corners with liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Never let your coverage expire - Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent car theft.
- Good drivers pay less - Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single driving citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Take policy discounts and save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Fort Collins
Companies don't necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Fort Collins car insurance quotes online.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
Some people would rather have an agent's advice and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Fort Collins who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Fort Collins should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Collins?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
- Barry B Bailey - State Farm Insurance Agent
902 W Drake Rd #5 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 493-2323 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2024 E Harmony Rd #120 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 221-5230 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Fort Collins willing to provide rate quotes.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
Upon receiving good feedback to your questions and an acceptable price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Discount Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Fort Collins can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so get free Fort Collins car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)