How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for more competitive car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Mazda and find the lowest possible price.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could cut their rates by $860 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they switched.
You need to check car insurance prices yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Aurora last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is too much inaccurate information about MX-5 Miata insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Aurora.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Aurora is to understand most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if the vehicle is leased, the year, make and model of vehicles, if it has an anti-theft system, and your education level. Your details is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$140||$268||$388||$22||$116||$934||$78|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$164||$330||$362||$22||$108||$986||$82|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$162||$282||$304||$18||$92||$858||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can affect prices greatly.
Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons to insure your Mazda MX-5 Miata
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mazda but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower-cost Aurora auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don't list the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Aurora can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may include discounts for home ownership, new car, save driver, driver training, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- American Family has savings for good student, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, good student, and new move discount.
It's a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in Aurora. To see companies with discount auto insurance rates in Colorado, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Aurora auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has their agency been open in Aurora?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Aurora insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Aurora agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can handle car insurance, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are Aurora exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Melissa Kitowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
13750 E Rice Pl Ste 101 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 680-6666 - View Map
- Jody Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-1650 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Heinrich
5001 S Parker Rd - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 773-2019 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Aurora willing to provide price quotes.
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-1000 - View Map
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance - This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, structural damage and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees, pain medications and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your MX-5 Miata to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We've covered many ideas to save on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheap Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Aurora is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so get free Aurora auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)