Sick and tired of not being able to afford to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other consumers in Colorado.
Shocking but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could save 47% each year, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy. With consumers having so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Mazda MX-5 Miata in Colorado Springs, it's difficult to choose the lowest cost company.
Companies offering cheap Mazda MX-5 Miata prices in Colorado Springs, CO
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$184||$320||$286||$16||$86||$892||$74|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$236||$464||$286||$16||$86||$1,088||$91|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$290||$616||$388||$22||$116||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific Colorado Springs garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Colorado Springs Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate your prices.
Gender as a rate factor - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. They both tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
With age comes lower prices - Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Do thieves like your car? - Owning a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Employer can influence rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as military personnel, business owners and financial analysts generally have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss data for a Mazda MX-5 Miata - Companies study historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda MX-5 Miata Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible||76||61||74||72|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Colorado Springs auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Club Memberships - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Safe Driver Discount - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give better premium rates if you take out life insurance.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To view companies that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agents
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Colorado Springs are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-4330 - View Map
American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Colorado Springs?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
One last thing to lower rates
Affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When searching for low cost Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located at the links below
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)