Are you trying to find more affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Colorado Springs? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Mazda CX-5 in Colorado can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a Mazda and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Colorado Springs agents.
Getting a cheaper price on Mazda CX-5 insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don't always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Online - Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, good student, good driver, professional/association, accident-free, age of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with every company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Colorado Springs. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Should I get advice from an agent?
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
- Roberto Martinez - State Farm Insurance Agent
1216 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 574-0210 - View Map
- J.R. Rodney State Farm®
1825 Main St #D - Colorado Springs, CO 80911 - (719) 392-7366 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Colorado Springs?