Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Brighton, CO? Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can dry up your family's budget and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing rate quotes can lower your rates and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Colorado drivers could cut their rates by up to $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates online. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best rate on auto insurance.
Informed drivers can lower your rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Prices may be lower depending on your job - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military personnel, architects and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Protect yourself with liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Little extras can really add up - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Teen driver insurance prices - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The more you drive the more you pay - The more you drive your car each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating - Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
File insurance claims and pay more - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$944||$472||$79|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,430||$715||$119|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,052||$526||$88|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,398||$699||$117|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$934||$467||$78|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$902||$451||$75|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,130||$565||$94|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$816||$408||$68|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$976||$488||$81|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Toyota Corolla S||$956||$478||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can influence prices substantially.
Should you raise deductibles?
One of the most common car insurance questions is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The following insurance rates may help to conceptualize how much more you'll pay between low and high coverage deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second price table uses a $1,000 deductible.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$264||$448||$352||$20||$106||$1,215||$101|
|Acadia SL AWD||$302||$448||$352||$20||$106||$1,253||$104|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$302||$448||$352||$20||$106||$1,253||$104|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,351||$113|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,351||$113|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$342||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,391||$116|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$146||$236||$352||$20||$106||$860||$72|
|Acadia SL AWD||$168||$236||$352||$20||$106||$882||$74|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$168||$236||$352||$20||$106||$882||$74|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$168||$288||$352||$20||$106||$934||$78|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$168||$288||$352||$20||$106||$934||$78|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$190||$288||$352||$20||$106||$956||$80|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs roughly $33 more each month or $396 every year than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average more than 27 months between claims, you would come out ahead by going with a higher deductible.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below examines Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Sentra book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost in Brighton, car insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Brighton auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- College Student - Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the internet.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
To find insurers who offer online auto insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Brighton that can provide free Brighton auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
After getting good responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an provider that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember policyholders can terminate coverage any time you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistent drivers can save
Cheap car insurance in Brighton is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Brighton auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)