Do you want to save money by buying more competitive insurance rates in Windsor, CO? Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? It's a common feeling and there are lots of people in the same boat.
It's amazing but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,813, Windsor drivers could cut their rates by $610 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates. Popular companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons yearly since prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best quotes on insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Colorado
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Windsor, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$876||$438||$73|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$888||$444||$74|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$994||$497||$83|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$998||$499||$83|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates substantially.
Wheat Ridge insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below compares annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Wheat Ridge. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Hyundai Elantra SE.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance deductibles
When buying auto insurance, a common question is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The data tables below lay out the costs and benefits when you select higher and lower coverage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,233||$103|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,347||$112|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,549||$129|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,347||$112|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,347||$112|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,465||$122|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$288||$352||$20||$106||$934||$78|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$390||$440||$26||$132||$1,178||$98|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$390||$352||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can influence premiums considerably.
Based on these figures, using a $250 deductible will cost you approximately $29 more each month or $348 each year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have at a minimum 26 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible. The table below illustrates an example of how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$116|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $87|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$29|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $29|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||26 months|
One thing to note is that raising deductibles to get cheaper rates results in having to pay to pay more out-of-pocket if you have a claim. You will want to have enough money put aside in the event you need to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
Five things that impact your premiums
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Consider raising deductibles - The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Occupation reflects on prices - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Having just one chargable violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get multiple violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
- Don't buy incidental coverages that aren't used - There are a lot of additional coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Are you snagging every discount?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Windsor auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Organization Discounts - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Windsor is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Windsor may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, payment discounts, student away at school, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, newly married, and safety features.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado, click here.
The ad said I'd save $404 a year!
Consumers in Colorado can't get away from ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to advertise claims that you can save if you just switch to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate on car insurance? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. One example of a profitable insured might have to be a female over age 40, is a homeowner, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured who fits that profile will probably get cheap prices and will probably save when switching.
Insureds who do not meet these criteria will be charged higher premiums and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. Because you never know which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
We just covered some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Windsor auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you quote Windsor auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)