Searching for more competitive car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Lincoln MKX insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Lincoln and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Aurora agents.
Best companies for competitive Lincoln MKX insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lincoln MKX premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Club Memberships - Joining certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Physical damage deductibles - Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Lincoln. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- What are good liability coverage limits? - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Lincoln MKX scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Stay claim-free and lower rates - Auto insurance companies in Colorado award most affordable rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Most major insurance companies apply lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other Aurora MKX insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Lincoln MKX claim statistics - Companies use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the collected loss data for Lincoln MKX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Lincoln MKX Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKX 4dr 2WD 77 80 67 66 81 78 Lincoln MKX 4dr 4WD 86 91 92 76 79 87
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Aurora.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Aurora who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of insurers in Aurora that can give you price quote information for Lincoln MKX insurance in Aurora.
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 750-5555 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 317-2411 - View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Aurora should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Car insurance savings promises
Consumers in Colorado get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all convey the message that you'll save big if you change to their company.
How does every company say the same thing? It's all in the words they use.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that will be a good risk. One example of this type of risk profile may be a married female, is a homeowner, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Someone that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Aurora and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Aurora Lincoln MKX insurance if they switch.
Drivers who may not quite match the ideal profile will see a higher rate and the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" will save that much if they switch. That's why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of these techniques, you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Lincoln MKX insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When getting Aurora car insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even high prices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)