Want to learn a better way to compare cheaper Lincoln MKS insurance in Fort Collins? Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Lincoln MKS in Colorado can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Lincoln and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Fort Collins agents.
Consumers need to compare premium rates periodically since insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Lincoln MKS insurance in Fort Collins a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is lot of inaccurate information about MKS insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper in Fort Collins.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Small frequent claims are not good - Insurance companies in Colorado award lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Reduce premiums by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lincoln MKS scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Marriage discount - Your spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage means you're less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for small economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Lincoln MKS is a luxury sedan, rates will be more compared to average rates in Fort Collins.
Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Lincoln. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Liability limits on your policy - The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Driving citations hurt - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Lincoln MKS insurance claim data - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Lincoln MKS Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD||121||90||140||78||103|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD||135||89||204||89|
|Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD||139||93||153||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Lincoln MKS insurance rates
Finding cheaper auto insurance prices is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to spend a little time to get quotes to find the company with the cheapest Lincoln MKS rate quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$762||$338||$20||$102||$1,548||$129|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$570||$308||$18||$92||$1,298||$108|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$454||$338||$20||$102||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKS auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Lincoln MKS claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your MKS has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get lower-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in Fort Collins with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- College Student Discount - Children living away from Fort Collins attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Lincoln MKS insurance.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, follow this link.
Local neighborhood Fort Collins car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Fort Collins can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are Fort Collins independent insurance agents who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Northern Colorado Insurance Agency
7352 Greenridge Road, Suite A-8 - Windsor, CO 80550 - (970) 460-0303 - View Map
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Collins willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Lesa Ringkjob Agency Inc
375 E Horsetooth Rd Bldg 6100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0940 - View Map
- AAA Colorado - Ft. Collins Store
3636 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1111 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey Greco
315 W Magnolia St # 7 - Fort Collins, CO 80521 - (970) 407-0706 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Fort Collins should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lincoln MKS?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheap coverage is out there
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Lincoln MKS insurance premium rates in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Low-cost Lincoln MKS insurance in Fort Collins can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Fort Collins car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)