How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Colorado Springs? Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You're in good company because there are lots of Colorado Springs residents who feel the same.
It's hard to fathom, but most drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Colorado can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Colorado Springs.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates before your next renewal since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Get affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good driver, annual mileage, accident-free, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, good student, anti-theft, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, defensive driver, driver training, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply in your state.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
It's important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
- Safer cars save money - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Range Rover may be costing you higher rates. Verify your auto insurance coverage reflects annual mileage.
- Stay claim-free and save - Insurance companies in Colorado give the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Insurance loss probability for a Land Rover Range Rover - Auto insurance companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Land Rover Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What happens if I owe more than my Land Rover Range Rover is worth?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The difference between Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Colorado Springs can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Colorado Springs independent agents that can possibly get you price quote information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Colorado Springs?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
Car insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Colorado Springs, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Land Rover with a loan, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Land Rover at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Land Rover Range Rover but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When searching for the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover rate quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)