Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Kia Sorento insurance in Fort Collins? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Kia Sorento in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Kia and get the lowest price either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Kia Sorento insurance in Fort Collins last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Affordable Fort Collins insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- E-sign Discounts - Some companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits are:
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Fort Collins.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
How Insurance Companies Determine Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs - Driving more miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Sorento may be wasting your money. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Increase comp and collision deductibles to save - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Safer vehicles save money - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Kia has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Maintain auto insurance coverage - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Getting married can save on auto insurance - Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Use credit responsibly and save - Your credit rating factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Sorento by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Insurance losses for a Kia Sorento - Companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Collins insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Fort Collins insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Fort Collins can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write policy coverage, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
The following are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
- Rip Knight - State Farm Insurance Agent
1015 S Taft Hill Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80521 - (970) 232-9212 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Cristina Jaeger
2000 S College Ave #210 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 229-9393 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
- Brown and Brown Insurance
4532 E Boardwalk Dr #200 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7747 - View Map
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Sorento has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your Kia Sorento but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Lower rates by being persistent
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Collins can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)