How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more competitive Kia Sorento insurance in Aurora? There isn't a single person who likes buying auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Colorado could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to compare rates online. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Aurora.
Consumers need to shop coverage around at least once a year because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Kia Sorento insurance in Aurora six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Aurora can be much easier if you know how to start. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Aurora
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- High claims frequency drives up prices - Insurance companies in Colorado award the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- High credit score translates to low prices - Having a bad credit history is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Sorento by improving your rating.
- More traffic means higher claims - Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Performance impacts prices - The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Kia Sorento is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Aurora.
- Keep the miles off and save - Driving a lot of miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Sorento may be costing you higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is rated on annual mileage.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - The majority of companies will award discounts to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Kia Sorento insurance loss data - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Sorento insurance in Aurora?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, teen driver, and student driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Aurora auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Aurora. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Compare prices but still have a local Aurora insurance agency
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is still important in Aurora.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Aurora are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both provide car insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to include independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Aurora who may be able to give you price quote information.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
Stan Kellogg - State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 699-2288 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest premium rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you move your car insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Car insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable insured may need to be between 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and insures a new vehicle. Any customer who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Aurora and will probably save if they switch.
Consumers who don't measure up to the "perfect" profile will have to pay higher premium rates which results in the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save money. This is how companies can make those claims.
This really drives home the point why it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- If my Kia Sorento is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
As you quote Aurora auto insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-conscious Kia Sorento insurance can be found on the web and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Kia Sorento insurance car insurance rates in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)