I really doubt anyone anticipates paying for insurance, in particular when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save nearly $610 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Consumers have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Kia Sedona insurance in Denver.
Best companies for competitive Kia Sedona insurance in Colorado
The following companies can provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Kia Sedona insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below illustrates the difference between Kia Sedona insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn't a written rule to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Sedona replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Kia Sedona insurance in Denver
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there's a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- No Accidents - Denver drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Denver and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get lower premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To view insurance companies who offer free Kia Sedona insurance quotes in Denver, click this link.
How You Can Control Kia Sedona Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into your rate level.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Gals tend to be lower risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Most insurance companies will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save money by buying from different companies
- Mature drivers save more - Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Long commutes cost more - Driving more miles annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Sedona is just wasting money. Make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance - A driver's credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Kia Sedona if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Kia Sedona historical loss data - Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Sedona Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Denver.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Denver can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Denver?
Save $459 a year. For real?
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies convey the message about how much you will save just by switching your coverage. How can each company lower your prices? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the right customer that makes them money. An example of this type of risk profile should be over the age of 40, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anyone that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest prices in Denver and have a good chance to save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for this stringent profile will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That's why insurance companies can state the savings.
That is why it's extremely important to compare free Denver car insurance quotes often. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest Kia Sedona insurance in Denver.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
The cheapest Kia Sedona insurance in Denver can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Denver car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Kia Sedona insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)