Searching for better insurance prices for your Jeep Wrangler in Colorado could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Jeep and find the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best rates on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Aurora a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to save on car insurance.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Premiums are affected by your credit history - Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Jeep Wrangler by improving your rating.
Combine policies to earn discounts - Lots of insurers afford lower prices for people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Amount of liability - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Impacts performance impacts premiums - The performance of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. Since the Jeep Wrangler is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more compared to average rates in Aurora. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Loss probability for a Jeep Wrangler - Auto insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Ways to get Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes in Aurora, CO
Getting a cheaper price on insurance doesn't have to be difficult. Consumers just need to invest a little time getting comparison quotes to see which company has affordable Aurora car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$206||$298||$338||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$188||$274||$532||$32||$160||$1,186||$99|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$144||$272||$426||$26||$128||$996||$83|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$144||$182||$462||$28||$138||$954||$80|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$344||$448||$460||$28||$138||$1,418||$118|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$212||$250||$422||$24||$126||$1,034||$86|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$260||$362||$496||$30||$148||$1,296||$108|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$130||$196||$330||$20||$98||$774||$65|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$186||$290||$592||$36||$178||$1,282||$107|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$172||$218||$452||$26||$136||$1,004||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender in Aurora
The diagram below compares Jeep Wrangler premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Colorado consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you change your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can cost less than your current company? It's all in how they say it.
Car insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of this type of risk profile might be a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest prices and most likely will save some money.
Potential customers who do not match these criteria will have to pay higher prices and business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you need to compare as many free Aurora car insurance quotes as you can. Because you never know which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Insurance in Colorado serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Aurora, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't overlook these Jeep Wrangler insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Aurora can help you save on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a safe driver course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and family plan.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, seat belt use, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, early bird, and homeowners.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, good student, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Colorado, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
Aurora car insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Aurora are either exclusive or independent. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning why they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Aurora who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Mark Peter State Farm Insurance Agency
12100 E Iliff Ave #104 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-3220 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 751-4701 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Steve Sellers Agency Inc.
15200 E Girard Ave Ste 4025 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 696-2698 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 344-2886 - View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Lower-priced auto insurance in Aurora can be found on the web and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for Jeep Wrangler insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)