Having to pay for pricey auto insurance in Fort Collins can deplete your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing cost estimates can help to tighten up your finances.
A recent study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Colorado have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the United States can save approximately $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to find the lowest cost insurer.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Fort Collins is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. But Colorado car owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for Jeep Wrangler insurance
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$228||$332||$456||$28||$136||$1,180||$98|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$204||$288||$496||$30||$148||$1,166||$97|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$278||$362||$22||$108||$944||$79|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$336||$432||$592||$36||$178||$1,574||$131|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$144||$232||$368||$22||$110||$876||$73|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$186||$228||$592||$36||$178||$1,220||$102|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$172||$202||$422||$24||$126||$946||$79|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$172||$258||$338||$20||$100||$888||$74|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$296||$516||$532||$32||$160||$1,536||$128|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$340||$462||$592||$36||$178||$1,608||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in Fort Collins location which can alter rates considerably.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Jeep Wrangler premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Wrangler book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Fort Collins
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower prices.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Some companies who may offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Fort Collins. If you would like to view companies that offer some of these discounts in Fort Collins, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fort Collins?
- What policy terms are available?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
If you are searching for local Fort Collins agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you price quotes.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
Can you really save if you switch?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the ads advertise the message about saving some big amount if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company. How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the type of customer that will be a good risk. An example of a desirable risk should be over the age of 45, has no claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who fits those characteristics will get very good Fort Collins premium rates and as a result will probably save a lot on Fort Collins Jeep Wrangler insurance if they switch.
Consumers who don't measure up to these standards will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
More affordable auto insurance in Fort Collins is possible on the web and with local Fort Collins insurance agents, so you need to shop Fort Collins car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
When getting Fort Collins car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)