How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora? Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in Colorado.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado insurance shoppers could save an average of roughly $610 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute cheapest price on Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Aurora is not that difficult. You only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Cheapest auto insurance in Aurora, CO
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$188||$348||$426||$26||$128||$1,116||$93|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$146||$236||$352||$20||$106||$860||$72|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$152||$264||$362||$22||$108||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can affect price quotes considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Patriot book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Jeep Patriot annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don't always list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts - Some companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Patriot insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Aurora auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including automatic seat belts, early bird, student driver, driver training, good student, teen driver, and air bags.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- AAA discounts include good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and safety features.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Aurora. To see insurers that offer many of these discounts in Aurora, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Only buy what you need - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Patriot policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Deter theft and lower premiums - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Most insurers give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Aurora Patriot insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. It's possible to still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Never let your coverage lapse - Driving without insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants tend to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Insurance loss probability for a Jeep Patriot - Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When choosing coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Aurora who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Aurora agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned some good ideas how you can find cheap Jeep Patriot insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)