Locating lower-cost Fort Collins Jaguar XJ insurance quotes might seem intimidating for consumers that are relatively new to price shopping on the web. With so many companies in the marketplace, how can Fort Collins drivers have time to compare every company to locate the best price?
Unbelievably, most consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Colorado drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find lower-cost insurance rates.
All the larger insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Jaguar XJ insurance in Fort Collins doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Jaguar XJ insurance in Fort Collins makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the most affordable premium on insurance.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$632||$460||$28||$138||$1,640||$137|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$496||$1032||$352||$20||$106||$2,006||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower coverage rates significantly.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Jaguar XJ insurance rates for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Colorado
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar XJ in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar XJ has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy discounts for Jaguar XJ insurance in Fort Collins
Some companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on XJ insurance in Fort Collins.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find affordable Jaguar XJ insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Collins.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Fort Collins come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find local Fort Collins agents, you should know the different agency structures that you can select. Fort Collins agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
- Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Greg L. Howell
816 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-2200 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Wang
1606 S Lemay Ave #107 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0808 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Collins?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Which is the best insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my Jaguar XJ qualify for pleasure use?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you'll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jaguar XJ.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your XJ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, theft, falling objects, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
When getting Fort Collins car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Fort Collins can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Jaguar XJ insurance in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)