Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Jaguar XF in Colorado can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Jaguar and get the best price possible either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
Finding a better price on car insurance is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to take time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$406||$362||$22||$108||$1,110||$93|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$566||$460||$28||$138||$1,540||$128|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$458||$936||$352||$20||$106||$1,872||$156|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$566||$1032||$460||$28||$138||$2,224||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Fort Collins which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Jaguar XF insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jaguar XF, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Colorado consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads advertise claims that people will save just by moving to them.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured they prefer to insure. For instance, this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any customer that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match the ideal profile will probably have to pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so you really need to compare free Fort Collins car insurance quotes often. It's just not possible to know which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Save money with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new XF can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Switch and Save Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for signing up before your current XF insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Fort Collins car insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- College Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, good student, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for accident-free, age of vehicle, good student, professional/association, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, multi-car, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including good student, safe vehicle, mature driver, group or association, safe driver, and paid in full.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, new move discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, good student, safe driver, annual mileage, new vehicle, defensive driver, and vehicle storage.
If you are trying to find cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Colorado, click this link.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Some people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You don't have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fort Collins?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Fort Collins for you
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Fort Collins agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can handle car insurance, but it's good to learn why they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
- Daryl Alexander - State Farm Insurance Agent
5205 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 493-2196 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard Snyder
Ironwood Plaza, 3201 E Mulberry St h - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5757 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it's recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are independent agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get price quote information.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent's assistance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jaguar XF is totaled?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What policy terms are available?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced Jaguar XF insurance in Fort Collins is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)