Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Volvo S60 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to get price quotes on a Volvo and find the cheapest rates from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to shop using one simple form.
How You Can Control Volvo S60 Insurance Costs
It's important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Higher premiums for specific vocations - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like judges, social workers and accountants are shown to have higher premium rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers in populated Colorado areas regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers rates - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
- Accidents hurt - Having a single ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with serious violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If the Volvo S60 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Having a significant other actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Insurance claims cost money - Companies in Colorado generally give the best rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Loss probability for a Volvo S60 - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Volvo S60 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reducing your insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to discover which company has cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S60 has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Colorado Springs with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student in College - Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Online Discount - Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer shouldn't rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you need to find local Colorado Springs agents, it's important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Colorado Springs agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who may provide you with price quote information.
- Lee Ann Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-9520 - View Map
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 477-1636 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction and cheap S60 insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Cheap rates are available
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)