Consumers fed up with high insurance rates and are new to comparing car insurance rates online are likely to find sourcing the cheapest Volkswagen CC insurance in Fort Collins is more work than they anticipated.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance buyers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save approximately $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Collins is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this information. Although Colorado vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Best companies for low-cost Volkswagen CC insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$210||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,270||$106|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$214||$426||$396||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$434||$740||$460||$28||$138||$1,800||$150|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$308||$616||$474||$28||$142||$1,568||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates substantially.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Volkswagen CC premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Volkswagen CC premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Better car insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
- Cheaper car insurance rates for prior coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Avoid traffic tickets - Careful drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with careless tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- High coverage deductibles save money - The deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Gender as a rate factor - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Do you save by driving less? - Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your CC is just wasting money. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage.
- Certain employers raise rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as lawyers, social workers and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
- Liability insurance claims can be big - Liability insurance will provide protection if you are responsible for an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Volkswagen CC statistical loss data - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that statistically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen CC vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen CC Models
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen CC 2WD 132 99 119 99 108 103 Volkswagen CC 4WD 162 134
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes by receiving discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multiple Cars - Having more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
If you would like to view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, click here to view.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
When searching for a local Fort Collins insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins that can give you price quotes.
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
3307 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2219 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lance Bebout
19 Old Town Square Ste 238 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 472-9467 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to get several quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get price quotes.
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
Is there deception in advertising?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all convey the message that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy. Is it even possible that every company can cost less than your current company? You have to listen carefully.
Different companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be a female over age 40, has no prior claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any customer that fits those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Fort Collins and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will get higher prices which results in the customer buying from a different company. The ads state "people that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That is how companies can make claims like that. Because every company is different, drivers must do a quote comparison often. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Don't give up on cheap rates
You just learned many ways to compare Volkswagen CC insurance prices in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen CC insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)