Finding the cheapest insurance for a Subaru Outback in Colorado could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Subaru and obtain the cheapest rates from Aurora insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to quote other rates before your policy renews because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Subaru Outback insurance in Aurora last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best methods to buy cheaper Subaru Outback insurance in Aurora.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to save money, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparing rates for the best-priced insurance policy in Aurora is easy to do. Smart shoppers just have to understand the fastest way to shop for insurance instantly.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Telematics Discount - Aurora drivers who agree to allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, early quote, driver training, save driver, good student, payment discounts, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new vehicle discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, early bird, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
Check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. To find providers who offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Getting a cheaper price on Subaru Outback insurance is not a difficult process. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$186||$330||$426||$26||$128||$1,096||$91|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$378||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,694||$141|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$378||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,694||$141|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$308||$534||$474||$28||$142||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Aurora
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Subaru Outback insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Where to set your deductibles
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Subaru Outback insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Aurora Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
High premiums for youthful drivers - More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Gender and auto insurance - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Big city or small town - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Subaru Outback is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Claim-free discounts can add up - Companies in Colorado give lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Your liability protection limits - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Being married pays dividends - Being married actually saves money compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Consolidate policies and save money - Most insurers allow lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare Subaru Outback rates in Aurora to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Subaru Outback claim statistics - Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Subaru Outback Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Outback 4WD||58||68||106||63||64||68|
|Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD||57||46||106||61||58||40|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you want an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jack Sughrue
2226 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 751-4701 - View Map
- Bill Mahaffy III - State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd - Aurora, CO 80015 - (720) 886-0400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 317-2411 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Aurora that can give you rate quotes.
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Aurora, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Outback, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Subaru and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance is out there
Cheaper insurance in Aurora is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Subaru Outback insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Subaru Outback rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
As you quote Aurora auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)