Looking for more competitive car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Nissan Leaf insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and locate the best price possible either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Nissan Leaf insurance in Aurora two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to learn the right way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Don't overlook these ten Nissan Leaf insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every disount available very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Leaf insurance premium.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, good student, youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Aurora. To choose companies who offer online Nissan Leaf insurance quotes in Colorado, click this link.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Leaf insurance in Aurora is to know the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether you are single or married, your credit rating estimate, whether you drive to work or school, and what your job is. That rating data gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Aurora?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents in Aurora are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 693-8968 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance Agency - Jason Hart
15201 E Moncrieff Pl e - Aurora, CO 80011 - (720) 920-9043 - View Map
- Wayne Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-6262 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes.
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-8600 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Aurora, buying insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Leaf has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan Leaf and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance - Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, emergency aid, bail bonds, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage - This covers damage to your Leaf resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Leaf to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for pain medications, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15 in Colorado), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Nissan Leaf insurance rates online in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Nissan Leaf insurance in Aurora is attainable both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)